WhatsApp blocks accounts of at least seven Gaza Strip journalists RSF_en IsraelMiddle East – North Africa Organisation RSF asks ICC prosecutor to say whether Israeli airstrikes on media in Gaza constitute war crimes June 3, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information News Receive email alerts The following day, 15 June 2004, Qusini was working in Nablus, covering an Israeli Army incursion into the town (photo). He was among a group of around a dozen journalists who were covering a military operation around a building. The soldiers used loudhailers to insult them and threatened to destroy their equipment unless they left the area. Qusini protested and asked to see the order that it was a “closed military zone”. An angry officer called for his arrest and he was bundled into an Israeli jeep and his jacket was ripped off and used to blindfold him. His colleagues only secured his release on the condition that they all immediately left the area.In a previous letter to Israeli Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz, Reporters Without Borders called for an “impartial, swift and rigorous” investigation into the shooting of Agence France-Presse photographer Mahmoud Hams, 25, who was wounded on 5 May 2004 in the Gaza Strip. The organisation has so far received no response. IsraelMiddle East – North Africa Reporters Without Borders has written to Israeli Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz to protest at a string of violent attacks by the Israeli Army against Palestinian journalists in the Nablus area between 10-15 June 2004. Reuters photographer Abed Qusini was threatened with arrest. June 21, 2004 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Reporters Without Borders condemns a string of violent attacks against Palestinian journalists News News Follow the news on Israel Palestinian photographer Jaafar Ishtayeh, working for Agence France-Presse (AFP), was slightly injured in the back by a tear gas canister in al-Zawiyeh village on 13 June. He was taken to hospital and discharged after treatment but was unable to resume work for several days.Associated Press (AP) photographer, Nasser Ishtayeh, was also in al-Zawiyeh during the demonstrations. He arrived there after waiting more than an hour at a military checkpoint and was threatened by soldiers. He reported that one of them said to him, “Watch out, we have already injured two of your friends. You better take care if you don’t want to be the third”.Photographer Abed Qusini of the British Reuters news agency narrowly avoided arrest on the same day in the same village. He said he was with a group of Palestinian journalists and filming, when a soldier ordered his arrest on the grounds that the area had been declared a “closed military zone”. Qusini, who speaks Hebrew, asked to see the written order and to photograph it to show to Reuters that all journalists were banned from the area.One soldier and then a second grabbed his wrists and tried to seize his equipment. He struggled and tried to use his mobile phone to call for help. An officer then ordered his arrest and two soldiers attached his hand to their vehicle with plastic handcuffs. Fifteen minutes later he was freed but threatened with further arrest unless he immediately left the scene. to go further Israel now holding 13 Palestinian journalists Reporters Without Borders today protested to Israeli Defence Minister, Shaul Mofaz, about a string of violent attacks by the Israeli Army against Palestinian journalists in the northern town of Nablus on the West Bank between 10-15 June 2004.”The methods the Israeli Army uses to hamper the international media from covering its clashes with Palestinians over the construction of its security fence are unacceptable,” the international press freedom organisation said.”The army last week resorted to intimidation and threats and fired tear gas canisters directly at journalists, injuring two of them. It is evident that during operations, the Israeli Army systematically obstructs the work of Palestinian journalists. They are also heedless of their safety, taking unsufficient precautions to avoid injuring these civilians, who have to be there in order to report on the situation,” it added.Palestinian photographer Alaa Badarneh of the European Press Agency (EPA) went to al-Zawiyeh village, around 30 kms south of Nablus on 10 June to cover local Palestinian protests against the building of the security fence. He described how soldiers broke up the demonstration with tear gas. One soldier around 40 metres away targeted him, firing a tear gas canister directly at his legs.Badarneh was picked up at the scene in a private car and after going through several Israeli roadblocks he reached Nablus hospital where he was kept under observation for the day. He had been clearly identifiable as a journalist, wearing a fluorescent jacket marked “PRESS”. News May 28, 2021 Find out more May 16, 2021 Find out more
Local NewsCrime Facebook WhatsApp Twitter By admin – January 9, 2018 Pinterest Terrance Forbes The Odessa Police Department charged a man Saturday after he reportedly threatened to kill his girlfriend’s neighbor while holding a shotgun, an OPD press release said.Police responded to the incident around 2:33 p.m. Saturday at Windchase Apartments, 4100 East 50th Street, the release detailed.Upon arrival, officers made contact with a 17-year-old man, an 18-year-old woman and her boyfriend, 21-year-old Terrance Forbes, the release stated. Forbes’s girlfriend told police the 17-year-old man had given her a “dirty look” and when she told Forbes about the incident, Forbes grabbed the man by the shirt and threatened to beat him and his brother, the probable cause affidavit said.Forbes’s girlfriend reportedly then began walking towards the man with a knife in her hand before Forbes grabbed her, the report detailed.After the 17-year-old man had called his brother and a friend over to the complex, Forbes reportedly ran back into his apartment and came out with a shotgun, the report said, telling the man he would kill him.Forbes was then charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony, the release said.Jail records show Forbes was taken to the Ector County Detention Center Saturday and was released Sunday on a $50,000 bond. Facebook Twitter Man charged with threatening to kill girlfriend’s neighbor Pinterest Previous articleDAILY OIL PRICE: Jan. 9Next articleOHS clerk charged with improper relationship with student admin WhatsApp
“He will be a very good player for Roma and he will have a successful season. I send him the best wishes.” Dzeko scored 72 goals in 187 appearances for City. City playmaker David Silva tweeted: “Good luck to one of the best strikers that I played with! It has been a pleasure amigo @EdDzeko !!” Press Association The £8million summer signing was carried off with a hamstring injury just 18 minutes into his first appearance for the club, a pre-season friendly against Real Madrid, just over a fortnight ago. The England midfielder has now been ruled out of Monday’s Barclays Premier League opener at West Brom and the following week’s clash with Chelsea. A competitive debut against Everton on August 23 might also be unlikely. Fabian Delph is set to miss Manchester City’s first two games of the season, manager Manuel Pellegrini has revealed. Pellegrini said: “I think he needs 15 days more. That will be a month from the injury he got in pre-season. “He played just 17 minutes but you saw in those 17 minutes that he will be an important player for this club.” Delph joined City from Aston Villa after a remarkable change of heart last month, just days after publicly rejecting a switch to the Etihad Stadium. His City career is beginning just as that of striker Edin Dzeko appears to be coming to an end. The Bosnia international, bought for £27million four years ago, is in the process of joining Roma and has been pictured in the Italian capital receiving the acclaim of fans. Pellegrini said: “Edin made a big contribution to this club. He won two titles here and was a very good player. “But I think teams need every year to change some players and he has been here more than four years. That was enough for him, he needs a change. “I appreciate what Edin did for the team and also for me because we won two trophies together.
NBA Draft 2019: Invisible man Goga Bitadze laughs off media snub for Zion Williamson “Dan is looking forward to beginning an intensive rehabilitation program and is eager to continue the progress he has made over the last several weeks.”Gilbert, 57, also owns or controls about 100 buildings in his hometown of Detroit. He purchased the Cavs in 2005 and the team has made five NBA Finals appearances since.Cleveland holds the fifth and 26th picks in the first round of the NBA Draft, which begins at 7 p.m. ET Thursday. Cavaliers owner and Quicken Loans founder Dan Gilbert has been released from the Michigan hospital where he was treated for and recovering from a stroke he suffered last month.The team issued a statement Thursday with an update on Gilbert’s health, confirming his discharge and that he is facing “intensive” in-patient rehab as he continues his recovery. NBA Draft 2019: Bob Myers reveals Warriors’ strategy NBA Draft 2019: ‘We haven’t seen the best’ of Zion Williamson, his HS coach says “Yesterday, Dan Gilbert was discharged from the hospital and will now continue focusing on his recovery at an in-patient rehabilitation center. The entire family is incredibly grateful for the world-class care Dan received from the entire staff of Beaumont Hospital. The Cavs also thanked those who have reached out with well-wishes.”The Gilbert family is thankful for the tremendous outpouring of support they have received,” Quicken Loans CEO Jay Farner said in the release. Related News
Spurs’ status as one of the Premier League’s top six clubs gives them a considerable financial advantage over Ajax, but they cannot match their opponents — four times European champions — when it comes to history.The club of Cruyff and so many other great names are in sight of a first Champions League final since 1996 and remain in with a chance of a treble, something they last did in 1972 when the man after whom their stadium is now named was starring on the pitch.– Treble dream –Erik ten Hag’s team secured the first leg at the weekend when they beat Willem II 4-0 in the Dutch Cup final, and they are top of the league in the Netherlands with two matches left.They are aiming to carry on an incredible European run that began in the second qualifying round against Sturm Graz on July 25.“You don’t expect at the beginning of the season to be in this position. I am very proud and happy to be here during this special period,” said Daley Blind, almost echoing Pochettino’s own remarks.Blind, who returned to the club from Manchester United just before the campaign began, admitted that celebrations after the Cup final were “a bit timid” due to the proximity to this match.Ajax are now hoping they don’t live to regret not scoring more than once in London.“Our defensive organisation was excellent,” pointed out Ten Hag. “In the final third we didn’t play all that well but the players’ mindset was to defend our 1-0 lead.”If they can finish the job on Wednesday, they will be the ones to advance to the final in Madrid on June 1.Share on: WhatsApp FILE PHOTO: Son Heung-minAmsterdam, Netherlands | AFP | Mauricio Pochettino describes being in the last four of the Champions League as “a bonus”, but Tottenham Hotspur are still hopeful of going all the way to the final as Son Heung-min returns for Wednesday’s second leg against Ajax.Spurs come to Amsterdam needing a special performance if they are to reach the final of this competition for the first time in their history after a Donny van de Beek away goal condemned them to a 1-0 defeat in London last week.However, Pochettino’s team have already made history for the club by getting this far — they last reached the semi-finals of the European Cup in 1962 before being beaten by Eusebio’s Benfica.Now they are dreaming of a first European final since Keith Burkinshaw’s team beat Anderlecht on penalties to lift the UEFA Cup in 1984, before any of those set to feature on Wednesday were born.“We are living a dream. Five years ago when we arrived it was to reduce the gap to the top four, and then to have the possibility to play in the Champions League,” Pochettino said at the Johan Cruyff Arena on Tuesday.“I think nobody would believe we would be playing in the Champions League three seasons in a row and competing at this stage.”– Stumbling –However, his side are stumbling badly towards the finish line with a depleted squad, set to finish in the top four in the Premier League mainly thanks to the failings of the teams below them.Harry Kane is out, and Tottenham have been beaten five times in their last six games in all, nine times in their last 10 matches away from home.The exception in that run came on their last trip to the continent, however, against Borussia Dortmund in the last 16, and now they arrive in Amsterdam with Son available after sitting out the first leg due to suspension.Jan Vertonghen, who began his professional career in Amsterdam before joining Tottenham in 2012, is in line to return too after coming off with a head knock in the first leg.“You wouldn’t believe at the start of the season that Tottenham would be in the last week of the season with the possibility of being in the final of the Champions League and to be in the top four,” Pochettino insisted. “Both are real, but this is not the moment to talk.”
30 Oct 2015 Partridge and Brown win England’s top senior spots for 2015 Internationals Richard Partridge and Julie Brown have capped winning seasons by being named as England Golf’s top seniors for 2015.Partridge, the Irish and Scottish senior champion, and Brown, the British senior women’s champion, have each won their respective orders of merit.Brown, from Trentham in Staffordshire, scored a runaway win, amassing more than twice as many order of merit points as her closest rival, English senior amateur champion Helen Lowe.“I really wanted to win this, I was close last year and was pipped, so I’m very pleased,” she remarked.The highlight of her season was realising a long-held ambition to hold a British title. “That was really special,” said Brown. “I always wanted to win a British title and I lost in the final of the British amateur in 1984 at Troon. So this did mean a lot to me – even though I had to wait a long time for it.”She added: “I also really enjoyed playing in the England team this year – I don’t think I have ever laughed so much, we had so much fun as a team.” They also had much success, taking the silver medal at the European championships and winning the Senior Women’s Home Internationals.”In addition Brown was runner-up in the English senior amateur, which she won in 2014, and tied fifth in the English senior stroke play.She has just completed her second year as a senior and her target is to keep on winning. “My goal is to do the same again next year, if I can, if it’s possible. I definitely want to win another title.”Richard Partridge, from Wildernesse in Kent, described his order of merit win as: “The pinnacle of a superb and very satisfying personal season.“To beat one’s fellow competitors and to be constantly to the fore throughout the season against some impressive foe is extremely gratifying and something of which I am very proud and I will be hoping to continue next season.”It was, he said, “a great and unexpected thrill” to win the Irish title and then to follow it up by winning the Scottish. He was also runner-up in the Welsh championship, although he says that was the one which got away, having held a four-shot lead with eight holes to play.Partridge returned to the England senior team after an absence of a year and described his selection for the European championship and the Senior Home Internationals as “both a great honour and experience.”Looking ahead, his priorities include trying to retain his titles and giving himself a chance of England team selection. He’d also like to regain the Kent senior title. “Consistent performance is the key to success and I will be doing my utmost to try and continue where this season has ended,” said Partridge.Leading final placingsSenior Women1 Julie Brown (Trentham) 1221872 Helen Lowe (Scraptoft) 549873 Lulu Housman (Wyke Green) 505704 Lindsey Shaw (Chevin) 477905 Caroline Berry (Bromborough) 415496 Sue Dye (Delamere Forest) 384217 Cath Rawthore (Sale) 248958 Aileen Greenfield (Pyecombe) 243009 Joanna Galway (Pyecombe) 1864910 Janet Melville (Royal Birkdale) 18170Senior Men1 Richard Partridge (Wildernesse) 873222 Ian Attoe (Worplesdon) 793203 Stephen East (Moortown) 594934 Alan Mew (Stoneham) 552715 Mark Stones (Boyce Hill) 507296 David Niven (Newbury & Crookham) 491597 Clive Jones (Golf de Toulouse Seilh) 400558 Keith Waters (West Byfleet) 372199 Andrew Atkinson (Windermere) 3447810 Chris Reynolds (Littlestone) 29184Images © Leaderboard Photography
Facebook0Tweet0Pin0Submitted by Washington Center for the Performing ArtsKoresh Dance Company scheduled to perform on March 28 at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts has been postponed to a future date that will be announced as soon as the new performance date is confirmed. Executive Director Jill Barnes announced, “We are working to find a mutually agreeable date for the fall of 2020.”The Washington Center will be keeping our community informed as quickly as possible regarding show cancellations due to COVID-19 and Governor Inslee’s mandate for immediate prohibition around public gatherings and events. Ticket holders will be emailed directly with show specific details. We are doing all we can to support the arts community, valued patrons, volunteers and employees.Please visit our website for daily performance and event updates www.washingtoncenter.org or call the Box Office at 360-753-8586.