A 33-year-old Co Donegal man has been sentenced to four years in prison after he forced a 13-year-old boy into a sex act after the pair met online.The man preyed on the child after the victim had downloaded the Gadar gay dating website app on his mother’s phone. The man, who is from the Inishowen Peninsula, travelled to meet the boy at his home while his mother had gone out for two hours.The man was caught after the boy’s mother arrived home early to find her son being forced to perform oral sex on the man.Judge John Aylmer told Letterkenny Circuit Court that he considered such an offence to carry a sentence of six years in prison.However, because of a number of mitigating factors, he reduced the sentence to one of four years with the final 12 months of that sentence suspended.The man was also ordered to sign on the sex offender’s register after pleading guilty to the defilement of a child under 15 years on April 13th, 2015.The man showed little emotion when the sentence was passed but his mother and sister broke down in tears.The victim, who is now aged 16, sat at the back of the court with his mother.The court had heard how the boy had downloaded the website’s app and put up a profile of himself claiming to be aged 19 years old.The court heard how the boy’s mother had left them in her home with his siblings while she went out for a couple of hours with her partner.She gave the boy her mobile phone in case she needed to be contacted urgently.Garda Malcolm Hooks told the court how the boy downloaded the gay contacts app Gaydar and put a fake profile claiming he was 19 years old on it.In some of the other information contained in the profile, he admitted that he was just 13.On another part of the profile, the boy wrote:”I’m not a porn star I’m a 13 year old.”Within a short time, a meeting between the man and the boy had been arranged at the boy’s home in another part of Inishowen.The man showered and then drove to the boy’s home.In a later interview with Gardai the man admitted that when the boy answered the door to him he thought he was aged “sixteen or seventeen.”Garda Hooks said that when the boy was interviewed by specialist interviewers and he claimed that the man forced him to give him oral sex.During the sexual encounter, the boy’s mother returned unexpectedly and witnessed the incident.The accused man’s sister gave evidence that up until this incident her family never knew he was homosexual.She added that he was deeply ashamed of what had happened and was willing to accept any punishment that came his way.Barrister for the accused, Mr Colm Smyth, SC, said his client came from a very respectable family who were all shocked by what had happened.He said a report from a forensic clinical psychologist found the man to be immature and introverted and that he had difficulty recognising his bisexuality.But the psychologist added that he found no evidence of any interest in paedophilia.The man told the psychologist “I’m not that kind of person and I’m disgusted with myself. If I can fix this in any way I will.”Man who forced boy into sex act after meeting online jailed for four years was last modified: May 4th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:AppdonegalGadarInishowenonlineSEX ACTWEBSITE
Kolkata: A Trinamool Congress delegation on Thursday met the State Election Commissioner, registering a complaint against state BJP president Dilip Ghosh for instigating violence.The delegation team briefed State Election Commissioner A K Singh on how the BJP leaders were trying to spread communal violence ahead of the Panchayat polls. It also brought to the notice of the commission that no political leader can make such derogatory comments as those being made by BJP’s state chief. Also Read – Heavy rain hits traffic, flightsWhile speaking to the media, Trinamool Congress secretary general Partha Chatterjee pointed fingers at Dilip Ghosh without taking his name and said that he has been constantly trying to trigger violence through his speeches.”No political party leader can make the statements he has been making. He is threatening to take people to the crematorium. His derogatory statements will hardly have any impact on the people in Bengal,” Chatterjee said.Taking a dig at the Opposition parties, Chatterjee said: “The Opposition parties are saying that they were unable to file their nominations but the figures are contrary to their claim. BJP filed more nominations than Trinamool Congress did for the Zilla Parishad seats. The CPI-M and Congress have also filed their nominations. In some places, CPI-M activists were seen marching with arms to scare the people.” Also Read – Speeding Jaguar crashes into Merc, 2 B’deshi bystanders killed”The Opposition parties are talking about safe democracy. Had there been no democracy in the state, the Opposition parties would not have filed more nominations than the ruling Trinamool Congress,” Chatterjee maintained.”Our delegation has told State Election Commissioner A K Singh that the Opposition was trying to mount pressure on the commission by the hue and cry over the process of filing nominations,” Chatterjee told the media after the meeting. The delegation team comprised of Partha Chatterjee, Subrata Mukherjee, Firhad Hakim, Aroop Biswas, Jyotipriya Mallick and Nirmal Ghosh. Shantanu Mukherjee, additional secretary, state election commission said that around 50 serious complaints have been received by the commission so far. Observers are being deployed at the nomination venues, SDO and BDO offices.Incidents of Model Code of Conduct violations have been reported from 4-5 places. The issues are being looked into. Any such complaint will be dealt with strongly. To ensure free and fair nominations, section 144 has been imposed within the 200 meter radius of nomination venues.Out of the total of 825 seats in the Zilla Parishad (ZP), 143 nominations have been filed so far, among which Trinamool has filed 29, BJP 40, CPI-M 19, BSP 8, Congress 15, Forward Block 1 and others 29.
Paul McCartney’s former wife Heather Mills says her marriage to the legend failed because he was “too insecure” to cope with a “strong woman”. The 47-yr-old married McCartney, 72, in 2002 but they separated four years later. She has hinted that he was too “insecure” to cope with her forthright ways. Asked why she thinks their marriage went wrong, she said, “I say what I think. If I think something is wrong I’ll say it. If I wasn’t that type of person we’d still be married now. But for years I was attracted to these very strong, powerful men who think they want a strong woman but actually they want someone who does what they want. The men who seem the strongest are usually the most insecure.”
4 min read Hear from business owners and CEOs who went through a crippling business problem and came out the other side bigger and stronger. September 29, 2016 Listen Now Problem Solvers with Jason Feifer New Yorkers, as you probably already know, are passionate about pizza. So when I get a pitch informing me that a startup is employing robots to prepare cheese-covered pies, I just have to snicker.Really, Silicon Valley, pizza is the latest problem you need to solve with robots?But clearly, Julia Collins, co-CEO of Zume Pizza, has put some thought into this beyond my closed-minded New York worldview. On Thursday, Zume announced what it says, in a press release, is the world’s first “food delivery vehicle that cooks en route.” The truck utilizes 56 ovens to deliver food that doesn’t spend too much time in a box.Related: Think of Your Startup Like a Pepperoni Pizza — Use a Simple Recipe for Success”New York is full of storied mom-and-pop restaurants serving incredibly delicious pizza, with recipes handed down through generations, and this is the pizza that inspires us,” she wrote to Entrepreneur via email. “Sadly, the majority of us can’t go and sit down to enjoy a fresh-baked pie every time we want pizza. Instead, we’ve become accustomed to ordering delivery pizza that arrives greasy, lukewarm and packed with preservatives — but it doesn’t have to be that way.”Image credit: Zume PizzaFair point. I’ve certainly eaten my share of Domino’s and its ilk, and I barely consider what those eateries serve to be pizza. Those places are, unfortunately, the main options for most people outside large cities.Pizza is a $40 billion annual industry in the U.S., according to IBISWorld. It’s mostly dominated by Domino’s, Little Caesars, Papa John’s and Pizza Hut. But Collins, along with her co-founder and co-CEO, Alex Garden, who is an inventor and the former president of Zynga and general manager of Xbox Live, offers a compelling argument for Zume’s model vs. these brands.Related: Watch 1,000 Robots Dance in Unison — and Set a World Record”First, the quality of the food that is being delivered is not very good because it’s pumped with added sugar, synthetic nitrites and preservatives,” says Collins, a long-time restaurateur. “Second, delivery pizza is slow — it takes 45 minutes on average to get to your door. Third, the packaging is not eco-friendly because cardboard boxes come from trees. Fourth, it’s not very profitable.”According to the company, the pizza is parbaked — the dough is cooked for 90 seconds — at the Zume Pizza headquarters before it’s transferred to the food delivery vehicle. Prior to its arrival at a customer’s door, the pizza is baked for three minutes then cooled for 30 seconds.The truck currently delivers to customers in Mountain View, Calif. It’s important to note that I haven’t tried the pizza, so I can’t attest to its freshness or flavor.Image credit: Zume Pizza”Our proprietary pizza-making robots, also referred to as ‘P-Bos,’ automate unsafe, repetitive tasks associated with food preparation (ask any pizza chef about the number of burns on his or her arms!) so that we can invest in more high-quality, locally sourced ingredients,” Collins says.And the technology doesn’t stop with pizza.Related: How This Pizza Company Grew to Become a Bigger Slice of the Pie”At the present time, we are focused on optimizing our operation to create the very best pizza delivery experience in the world,” Collins says. “Once we have perfected our pizza operation, we will have the ability to expand beyond pizza. In fact, our patents cover cooking all food en route.”It’s a future I’ll just have to taste to believe.