Linkedin Print Email Facebook Shannon Foynes Port annual report State agencies join forces to tackle Foynes flooding threat WhatsApp TAGSAskeatonCappagh Farmers Support GroupCroaghfoynesHSE Mid WestlimerickNational Cancer Registry in Ireland (NCRI)Shanagolden Advertisement RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR HSE Mid West Community Healthcare and UL Hospitals Group urges public to avoid household visits and social gatherings for St Patrick’s Day NewsLocal NewsWest Limerick families call for review of high cancer rate claimsBy Alan Jacques – January 7, 2016 1219 Taoiseach Leo Varadkarby Alan [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Health Minister Leo VaradkarHEALTH Minister Leo Varadkar has once again been called upon by families in West Limerick to engage with them over claims of high rates of cancer within their community.The Cappagh Farmers Support Group maintain that Minister Varadkar has ignored findings in the 2001 Askeaton health report indicating that it had a significantly higher rate of deaths in children under the age of 14 than in other areas of the Mid-West.According to the group, this trend has continued and no one has investigated it. They have previously raised concerns over high rates of miscarriages and early pregnancy loss with women in the area, coupled with high respiratory problems over the years from suspected Industrial pollution in the region.“To date, the Minister has refused to meet with us and has failed to inform us fully as to how a review will be conducted and what area it will entail, its time frame to be completed by and what doctors are been spoken to,” said spokesman for the group, Pat Geoghegan.“Overwhelming evidence has been produced to Minister Varadkar to stop a recurrence happening again and families deserve more that a whitewash again this time around. This review must be fully transparent in every aspect of it,” he added.The Cappagh Farmers Support Group also want to see a broadening of any review carried out to cover the areas of Shanagolden, Foynes, Askeaton and Croagh, in relation to cancer problems.In response, a spokesperson for HSE Mid-West said that following concerns arising originally from animal health in Askeaton and its environs during the 1990s several reports by different groups including HSE and University researchers used National Cancer Registry in Ireland (NCRI) data to examine human cancer rates in the area.“The NCRI records and reports on all new cases of malignant cancer registered in Ireland and is the only source of incidence rates across geographical areas in Ireland. “All previous reviews covering the period since cancer registration began in Ireland in 1994 until 2006, showed no significant excess of cancer incidence in the Askeaton area, although significantly elevated rates were noted in parts of Limerick City.”“As a result of new concerns expressed by a community group in the Askeaton/Cappagh area in July 2015 to the Department of Health, the HSE requested an updated analysis from the National Cancer Registry in Ireland (NCRI) for the same geographic area as outlined in their previous reports.“The new NCRI report confirms the continuation of this pattern for the period 2003-2012 with cancer incidence ratios in the Askeaton area still below the levels expected when compared to Mid-West incidence and significantly below the level in the Irish population during that period although higher rates persisted in Limerick City.”The HSE also says that it consulted with local GPs on any unusual clusters of cancer since 2013, especially for patients that may have resided close to Cappagh/Askeaton. Only one out of the group of GPs noted a higher rate of tumour of a particular type during this period.The HSE submitted an additional request to the NCRI to undertake a further analysis from their 1994-2012 cancer registration data specifically on this type of tumour.“The rates were analysed by NCRI for the same geographical area and no rates indicating either higher or lower risk of statistical significance were found in either the Askeaton or Limerick City areas.“In summary, rates of invasive cancer reported by NCRI remained below those expected between 2003 and 2012 in the Askeaton study areas. However, because there is a lag period of up to two years between diagnosis and inclusion in published reports, local GPs have been asked to continue to monitor for any unusual patterns in order to maintain a strong system of surveillance through the GP network.” Askeaton/ Ballysteen bring Easter joy to local community Previous articleFather and son sent for trial in biker murderNext article#WATCH Adams slams ‘bad planning decisions’ leading to region’s flooding Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Minister Patrick O’ Donovan announces opening of Limerick heritage site to the public for the first time Twitter Limerick Lotto winners pledge to use winnings to secure children’s future
WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Linkedin Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Twitter Facebook Print Advertisement Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Gardaí have arrested and charged a man in his 20s in relation to 12 incidents of robbery, burglary, theft and fraud that occurred in Limerick city from September to December 2019.Gardaí from Roxboro Road and Henry Street carried out investigations in relation to the following incidents:Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up 8 theft from shop incidents where items such as clothing and toiletries were stolen.One burglary and two fraud incidents on 2nd September. Shortly after 9pm, a man entered a staff area of a business on Parnell Street and took a staff members wallet.A bank card that was inside the wallet was they used in in the area without the owner’s permission.One robbery from the person. On the 5th December, a man was walking on Cathedral Place when he was approached by 3 men, assaulted and had his wallet stolen. He was taken to University Hospital Limerick with non-life threatening injuries and was later discharged.A man in his 20s was arrested yesterday, 27th January, 2020 and detained at Roxboro Road Garda Station. He has since been charged in connection with these incidents and is due to appear before Limerick City District Court this morning at 10.30am. RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Previous articleWATCH: Highlights from Limerick’s comeback win over TipperaryNext articleLimerick Ladies kick off National League Campaign with one-point loss Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival WhatsApp Email Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener TAGSKeeping Limerick PostedlimerickLimerick Post LimerickNewsGardaí arrested and charged a man in his 20s in relation to 12 incidentsBy Staff Reporter – January 28, 2020 2531
Budweiser to brew its British beverages with solar power by 2020 FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Reuters:Budweiser beer will be brewed in Britain using solar power from 2020 following a 15-year deal signed by brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) and renewable power developer Lightsource BP, the companies said on Wednesday.Lightsource BP will develop and operate 100 megawatts (MW) of solar projects to generate enough electricity for AB InBev’s breweries. The power being generated is the equivalent to the amount used by 18,000 homes. The solar projects are expected to be completed and connected to Britain’s power grid by the end of 2020.AB InBev, the world’s largest brewer, produces more than 17 million cans and bottles of Budweiser beer each week from its two main breweries in Magor, South Wales and Samlesbury, Lancashire.The initiative is part of the company’s sustainability goals which include purchasing all electricity from renewable sources by 2025, AB InBev said in a statement.No financial details were disclosed, but Lightsource said the deal would enable it to develop the solar projects without subsidies. Oil major BP acquired a 43 percent stake in Lightsource, Europe’s biggest solar energy developer, last year.More: British brewed Budweiser beer to rely on solar power from 2020
Published on August 19, 2015 at 10:47 pm Contact Chris: [email protected] | @ChrisLibonati Noah Rhynhart raced down the right side of the field and centered a pass to Andreas Jenssen. The freshman midfielder, who had made a run into the middle of the 18-yard box, belted a shot to the right side of the net and past the outstretched arms of the Buffalo goalie.The goal was No. 15 SU’s first of the preseason and was the winning goal in the Orange’s 1-0 win. Syracuse played 21 players against the Bulls, four more than in SU’s first preseason game against No. 3 Georgetown on Saturday.“Especially the first 30 minutes were very hard, very good,” SU head coach Ian McIntyre said. “I wanted to have a look at a number of guys today, so we did a lot of changes and it disjointed our team performance a little bit.Full TimeFreshman goalie Austin Aviza played all 90 minutes against Buffalo after playing only in the second half against Georgetown. McIntyre said that freshman goalie Hendrik Hilpert, who is battling with Aviza to start in net, is “nicked up,” which led to the decision to play Aviza the whole game.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textAviza saved all five shots he faced, a step up from his 4-for-6 performance against Georgetown. Against Buffalo, the Orange managed to limit UB to fewer dangerous chances, after what McIntyre termed a “sloppy” performance against Georgetown in the second half.“It feels good to get rhythm with the team, to get to know everyone better, and it was good to just get a vibe going with the team,” Aviza said.In front of Aviza, Oskar Sewerin started at right center back, and Miles Robinson flipped from right center back, where he started against Georgetown, to left center back. Robinson turned away at least one scoring opportunity and several crosses. Part of the reason for the move is Sewerin’s ability to pass with his right foot, McIntyre said.Moving Forward Junior forward Chris Nanco didn’t start against Buffalo, but had his minutes stepped up after an injury limited him in practice leading up to SU’s game against Georgetown. Nanco is still getting his legs under him, but McIntyre said he still wants more out of the junior and midfielder Oyvind Alseth.SU totaled nine shots, three more than they took against Georgetown, but couldn’t finish several of its best chances. He also added that the offense moved well when the ball moved through midfielder Julian Buescher.Without Nanco, SU tried out a few options, including starting redshirt sophomore Kenny Lassiter, freshman Adnan Bakalovic and Rhynhart. McIntyre was impressed with Bakalovic, who he called just a “pup” at 17 years old. Lassiter, Nanco’s roommate, has impressed the junior forward so far this season.“Just his strength, his ability to hold up the ball (have impressed me),” Nanco said. “We have a lot of fast guys to run off of (Lassiter) if he holds up the ball, plays it back and we can make runs off of him.” Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
NBA All-Star 2019: Hamidou Diallo wins Slam Dunk contest, full list of night’s winners “I won,” Diallo told The Athletic earlier this week. “I had won. I just didn’t complete the (last) dunk. If I had completed the dunk, I would have won. But basically I won. I did everything to make me a winner up to that point. I just didn’t complete the dunk.”A projected No. 1 pick for June’s draft, Williamson has become known for his dunks in his first season with Duke. The forward has drawn praise from players around the league, including LeBron James, while averaging 22.4 points and 9.2 rebounds on 68.3 percent shooting from the field. OKC’s Hamidou Diallo, who lost to Duke’s Zion Williamson in a high school dunk contest, wants a rematch next year in Chicago. “Oh that’s tough. Let’s do it.” pic.twitter.com/t6OO2e2fkr— Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) February 17, 2019Even though Williamson technically won the contest in 2016, Diallo claims the win was “basically” his. DIALLO REALLY DID THE VINCE ELBOW DUNK OVER SHAQ pic.twitter.com/NmH9vUWyFI— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) February 17, 2019When asked Saturday after winning the dunk contest if he’d be interested in a rematch against Williamson in 2020, Diallo jumped at the opportunity. “Oh that’s tough. Let’s do it,” he said, per the Washington Post. Related News Thunder rookie Hamidou Diallo is coming off a victory in the 2019 NBA Slam Dunk contest, but he already has his eyes set on next year’s matchup and competing against someone in particular. Diallo wants a rematch with Duke sensation Zion Williamson. The two faced off against each other at the Under Armour Elite 24 dunk contest nearly three years ago in New York City, and Williamson took home the win that day.