The Real Thing Gyllenhaal’s stage credits include Closer, Anthony and Cleopatra, Three Sisters and Homebody/Kabul. Her screen credits include Crazy Heart, Secretary, Waterland, Cecil B. Demented, Donnie Darko, Sherrybaby, Happy Endings, Dark Knight, Away We Go, World Trade Center, Stranger Than Fiction, Mona Lisa Smile, Adaptation, Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang and White House Down. She will soon be seen in the upcoming Frank and The Honourable. Related Shows The Real Thing centers on Henry (McGregor), a successful playwright, who is unhappily married to Charlotte, the lead actress in his current play about a marriage on the verge of collapse. When Henry’s affair with their friend Annie (Gyllenhaal) threatens to destroy his own marriage, he discovers that life has started imitating art. After Annie leaves her husband so she and Henry can begin a new life together, he can’t help but wonder whether their love is fiction or the real thing. The Tony-winning play explores relationships, fidelity and the passions that often blur our perception of love. View Comments The full cast and design team for The Real Thing will be announced shortly. Prepare to be seduced all over again! Oscar nominee Maggie Gyllenhaal is set to make her Broadway debut starring opposite the previously announced Ewan McGregor in Tom Stoppard’s Tony-winning play The Real Thing. Directed by Sam Gold, the Roundabout production will begin performances on October 2 and officially open on October 30. The limited engagement is scheduled to play through January 4, 2015 at the American Airlines Theatre. Show Closed This production ended its run on Jan. 4, 2015
Related Filesa_page_from_the_diary_-entry_3-doc Australia’s battle to defend their champion nation status at the 2007 World Cup continues in earnest at the Daniel Craven Stadium in Stelenbosch. Australian Men’s Open Player Ben Robinson, National Women’s Open Vice Captain Melissa Pitfield, and Australian Open Mixed lynchpin Matt Tope give readers a fly on the wall account of all the latest news and views from deep inside the Aussie Team bunker in South Africa.Open the attachment to read the latest installment in the World Cup journey from the three Australian Open representatives.
Twitter/@McMurphyESPNA number of names have emerged as possible candidates to take over the Miami Hurricanes, including alumni like Mario Cristobal and Rob Chudzinski, and former ‘Canes coach Butch Davis. While the prevailing thought is that Miami may struggle to draw a huge name, ESPN college football insider Brett McMurphy has heard that one prominent coach with South Florida ties may be interested: Texas head coach Charlie Strong.@McMurphyESPN on charlie strong pic.twitter.com/E69TeTfyXg— Chris Bennett (@chrisgb00) October 26, 2015Strong is only in year two at Texas, and seems to be picking up some steam after a very rocky start to 2015, so this would seem to be a hard sell. However, he knows the landscape well, spending a number of years as an assistant coach at Florida. Strong would probably be the splash hire that Miami fans may want, but it is hard to see him leaving Austin right now.
Brussels: The EU’s anti-trust regulator is to slap tech giant Google with a new fine over unfair competition practices, sources told AFP on Friday. Brussels has targeted the Silicon Valley firm’s AdSense advertising service, saying it restricts some client websites from displaying ads from third parties. The decision in the long-running case, first reported by the Financial Times, is the latest anti-trust salvo against Google, which has already received nearly seven billion euros in EU fines. Also Read – Spotify rolls out Siri support, new Apple TV app Two sources close to the matter said the verdict would land next week, most likely on Wednesday. “We are in the process of finalising the AdSense case,” EU competition commissioner Margrethe Vestager said earlier this week. In July 2018, the US giant was ordered to pay a record 4.34 billion euros for abusing the dominant position of Android, its smartphone operating system, to help assure the supremacy of its search engine. A year earlier it slapped Google with a fine of 2.42 billion euros for abusing its dominant position by favouring its “Google Shopping” price comparison service in search results. Google has appealed both decisions to the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday gave liberty to Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) leaders Bimal Gurung and Roshan Giri, against whom several cases are lodged in West Bengal, to approach the Calcutta High Court for anticipatory bail to enable them to participate in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.The apex court said its interim order of December 12 last year, in which it had said that no coercive action be taken till next date of hearing, will continue to operate until further orders. “We request the high court not to go into the issue of maintainability by relegating to the different sessions courts in whose jurisdiction the FIRs (against them) are lodged,” a bench headed by Justice Arun Mishra said. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM'”If such applications for anticipatory bail are filed within four days from today, it is expected that the high court shall take them up expeditiously and dispose them in accordance with law without delay including grant of ad-interim orders to its satisfaction,” said the bench, also comprising Justices M M Shantanagoudar and Navin Sinha. The court passed the order on interim prayer of Gurung and Giri who were seeking protection to enable them to approach the appropriate court for seeking anticipatory bail. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KSenior advocate Mukul Rohatgi, appearing for them, had argued in the apex court that numerous FIRs have been lodged against Gurung and Giri and they both were “effectively being prevented from participating in the forthcoming general elections”. They argued that the state government has “political vendetta” against them. Senior advocate Kapil Sibal, appearing for West Bengal, has opposed their plea seeking protection saying FIRs lodged against them were of serious nature. In its order, the bench said: “Having heard the parties, the prayer for interim relief, in the peculiar facts and circumstances of the case, is disposed of with liberty to approach the high court for grant of anticipatory bail in accordance with law.”
New Delhi: Chinese smartphone maker OPPO on Monday announced the first online sale of F11 Pro Marvel’s Avengers limited edition smartphone from May 1. Specially manufactured for Marvel fans, the limited edition Rs 27,990 device will be available for purchase from 11 a.m. on May 1, followed by the offline sale on May 4, the company said in a statement. Equipped with the Captain America-themed case, the device comes in Space Blue colour variant with 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. Also Read – Swiggy now in 500 Indian cities, targets 100 more this year “The Avengers franchise and its superheroes have won millions of hearts and this partnership brings alive a similar proposition of OPPO as one of the most loved smartphone brands in the country,” said Charles Wong, CEO OPPO India and President OPPO South Asia. Based on Android 9.0, OPPO brings the Colour OS 6.0 operating System to create a smarter interactive experience for users. The device has 4000mAh battery with VOOC flash charge 3.0 technology. The smartphone is equipped with 48MP+5MP dual rear camera and 16MP front camera.
Noida: Distressed homebuyers of debt-ridden Jaypee Infratech Thursday demanded that state-owned NBCC’s bid to acquire the realty firm should be reconsidered as they do not have any faith in private companies. Representatives of nine homebuyers’ associations of Jaypee Infratech’s housing projects in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, said that Jaypee group promoters are interfering in the insolvency proceedings to regain control over the troubled realty firm. They also cast aspersion on court-appointed Interim Resolution Professional (IRP), alleging that it was taking the side of the Jaypee group. Also Read – Commercial vehicle sales to remain subdued in current fiscal: IcraAggrieved buyers, who have booked flats in Jaypee Infratech projects, also complained that voting process is not being carried out in a fair manner. Financial creditors and homebuyers of the Jaypee group realty firm are currently voting on the bid of Suraksha Realty, the lone player left in the race to acquire the company and complete over 20,000 flats. The government Wednesday cleared NBCC’s revised offer to acquire Jaypee Infratech under the insolvency process. Also Read – Ashok Leyland stock tanks over 5 pc as co plans to suspend production for up to 15 daysHours after getting the government approval for its revised offer to acquire troubled realty firm Jaypee Infratech, NBCC Ltd asked the court-appointed resolution professional to reconsider its bid and asserted it is prepared to take all necessary steps to protect its interest. Lenders had rejected the bid of NBCC terming it conditional and without the necessary approval from the government. The voting process started on Tuesday (April 30) and would conclude on May 3. “Our demand is that an emergency meeting of the committee of creditors (CoC) be called immediately. NBCC being a government agency should be given a chance in the voting process because homebuyers now don’t have any faith in private players,” said Ashish Rustagi, President of 9 Association that represents around 5,000 customers. The would prevent Jaypee Infratech from going into liquidation, he told reporters. Umesh Rastogi, 62, who had bought a 3BHK flat in Krescent Home, said given a choice between a state-run company like NBCC or private player like Suraksha, anybody would want to have the former take over the project. “There is no credibility left with the Jaypee group. Now they say they want to complete the project but there is no point believing them. The only hope now is if NBCC gets to participate in the voting,” he said. Shambhu Sharma, who had invested in a Jaypee project in 2011, said, “NBCC is a navaratna PSU and we don’t have any trust left in private builders. We wanted to vote for NBCC, their bid was acceptable to us. But then government clearances took time, and it did not have CoC approval so it got disqualified. They wanted a few more days but IRP declined. Now only Suraksha is left.” “Now we want an emergency CoC meeting and both companies should get to voting,” he said, while alleging that “the IRP is clearly against homebuyers, it is only favouring Manoj Gaur.” The association also raised concerns over the voting site being unsecured. “Since the inclusion of the homebuyers in the CoC of Jaypee Infratech, the journey has been marred with the hiccups and road blocks. Anything which the homebuyers have wished for or had floated the idea about, could never see the light of the day, they have been made to run from pillar to post, just to make their voice count,” said Ashish Rustogi. In 2017, the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) admitted the application by an IDBI Bank-led consortium seeking resolution of Jaypee Infratech. The realty firm has an outstanding debt of nearly Rs 9,800 crore.
Spain manager Julen Lopetegui believes that the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) will have a major “influence” on the World Cup this summer and believes that there is no point complaining about the technologyThe International Football Association Board in Zurich in March gave VAR their unanimous approval and voted for the system to be used permanently.While goal-line technology was used in the previous World Cup in Brazil in 2014, this will be the first time that VAR will debut in world football’s biggest competition and will be used by the match officials to determine whether any errors were committed in regards to decisions for penalties, goals, straight red cards and mistaken identity.Lopetegui, who will be hoping to erase Spain’s previous poor display in the 2014 World Cup with a strong run in Russia, believes that due to the players having a lack of experience with VAR it will have a heavy influence on games and he will be making sure his squad is fully prepared for the system.“It’s certainly an important issue, no doubt about that,” said the 51-year-old told AS.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“VAR is going to influence and condition lots of games at the World Cup. For example, using it will mean stopping and starting games; that in itself has an effect on the continuity and rhythm of them.“Spain like to have long spells with the ball and wear down their opponents, so we’ll need to be ready for what is a brand new situation for us. Of course, we’ll make sure we are fully prepared for VAR and all its various scenarios, for when matches are stopped and then started again.“I’ve analysed where VAR is in use and see that there are usually a lot of goals scored just after stoppages for it, which shows that teams make full use of the break in play and concentration of their opponents.“But there’s no point in complaining about it as we must be ready for VAR. We’ll be studying it with the players and making sure they are prepared. It’s something we do need to take into account.”Spain has been drawn in Group B for the World Cup with Iran, Morocco and Euro 2016 Champions Portugal.